Solve your high wear, strength, impact and abrasion challenges with West-Trak’s Strongest, Toughest and most Durable range of steels.
As direct importers of steel plate from world leading steel mills, we’ve got your needs covered! With a complete range of grades and thicknesses for all types of structural strength and high wear applications.
West-Trak wear steel is well proven in the most extreme wear & tear environments in New Zealand mines and used by the largest consumers of Abrasion plate in the country.
G350 Medium Tensile Steel
G350 steel is a high strength structural grade with a nominal yield strength of 350MPa. Certified to AS/NZS 3678:2011 and AS/NZS 1365:1996 standards.
- Typically used in low wear areas for general fabrication, structural members, high rise building, bridges, storage tanks and cleaning buckets.
- Easy to cut, weld, form, drill, machine and tap.
- Thickness range available from 6mm.
- Full sheet sizes 6000 x 1520mm (6-12mm thick) and 6000 x 2400mm (16-32mm thick)
- Click here to view the spec sheet
G780 High Tensile Steel
G780 steel is a high strength, low alloy carbon steel with a 780 MPa tensile strength. Highly resistant to weld cracking and has good flexibility for high impact applications.
- Used for large Excavator and Loader bucket edges with adapters welded on and bucket bridge plates, skins and ears.
- The high strength of G780 steel gives the advantage of reducing the weight of the finished product without affecting its structural integrity.
- Thickness range available from 12mm to 140mm.
G450 Abrasion Resistant Steel
G450 is through hardened, quenched and tempered abrasion resistant steel and is the most widely used of the wear resistant grades for all weld on wear components.
- Used in high impact and abrasion applications such as bucket, blade and truck deck liners, weld-in cutting edges, wear strips, ripper shanks and crusher plates.
- This plate is 3-4 times the abrasion resistance and strength of mild steel with an excellent combination of workability, weld ability and formability.
- Thickness range available is from 6mm to 90mm. Sheet size: 6000mm x 2500mm.
G500 Abrasion Resistant Steel
G500 is through hardened, quenched and tempered abrasion resistant steel, providing the ultimate wear resistance for severe abrasion.
- Applications for this steel include bolt-on cutting edges, crusher plates, wear strips and any other sliding wear surfaces.
- This steel will last up to 10 times the wear life of mild steel and will outperform the 400-450HB steel due to its mechanical properties.
- Thickness range available is from 10mm to 50mm. Sheet size: 6000mm x 2500mm.
Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate
SA1750CR is a premium quality Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate consisting of a Hypereutectic Matrix with up to 40% Chromium Carbides fused to a mild steel substrate.
This large amount of hard chromium carbides allows this plate to thrive in extreme abrasion and impact applications including wear strips, bucket blade and truck deck liners, hopper shutes and conveyors.
- The hardness of this overlay plate is a composite of hard chromium carbides (1750 Vickers), with that of the tough, austenitic matrix. A variety of substrates such as stainless steels, nickel alloys and quenched & tempered steels, are used in the manufacturing process.
- This plate can be easily formed to suit curves and contours. Welded studs or countersunk inserts can be fitted so plates become easily replaceable.
- Made in the USA to the highest quality standards, this plate is the first choice for ultimate wear protection.
- Thickness range available is from 10mm to 24mm and in sheet sizes up to 3048mm x 2286mm.
Click here to view our case study on a Cat 980H Chromium Carbide bucket liner
All West-Trak Parts have a Quality Guarantee
Get full product information here in PDF format
Learn how West-Trak can help your organisation